ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst Certificate
ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst – Online Course
Course Fees: €1200 – including exam cost
Improve your ability to evaluate technical system attributes while acquiring advanced accreditation. Master a practical framework for technical testing!
Over three days of theory and exercises, you’ll explore a range of key areas that affect technical testers in today’s workplace.
Topics covered include code-based testing, static analysis, dynamic analysis and non-functional testing. Learn how to confidently identify suitable situations for test automation and performance testing, select the right tools for the job at hand and work with those test tools.
Upon completion of this course, you will have all the information needed to successfully sit the ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst exam.
- Recognise the typical risks associated with non-functional aspects of software system
- Create test plans that detail the planning, design and execution of non-functional tests.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits expected from introducing particular types of test automation
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Risk identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk mitigation
- Condition testing
- Decision Condition testing
- Modified Condition/Decision
Coverage (MC/DC) Testing
- Multiple condition testing
- Path testing
- API testing
- Selecting a structure-based technique
Test Tools and Automation
- Integration and information interchange between tools
- Selecting the automation approach
- Modelling business processes for automation
- Fault seeding / fault injection tools
- Performance testing tools
- Tools for web-based testing
- Tools to support model-based testing
- Component testing and build tools
- Control flow analysis
- Data flow analysis
- Using static analysis for improving maintainability
- Call graphs
- Detecting memory leaks
- Detecting Wild Pointers
- Analysis of performance
- Using checklists in reviews
- Architectural reviews
- Code reviews
Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- Stakeholder requirements
- Required tool acquisition and training
- Test environment requirements
- Organisational considerations
- Data security considerations
- Security test planning
- Security test specification
- Measuring software maturity
- Tests for Fault Tolerance
- Recoverability testing
- Reliability test planning
- Reliability test specification
- Types of performance testing
- Performance test planning
- Performance test specification
- Resource utilisation
- Analysability, changeability, stability and testability
- Installability testing
- Co-existence/compatibility testing
- Adaptability testing
- Replaceability testing