The course structure is detailed below
The course fee is €650, and the enrollment form is at the bottom of this page. The course is scheduled to start on 12/01/2019 and it will run for 5 consecutive Saturdays
Note: Looking to take the ISTQB Foundation Exam?
- What is software testing?
- Why is testing required?
- What is a business requirement?
- What is a test case?
- What is a bug/defect?
- Introduction to white-box & black-box techniques
- Introduction to different kinds of testing (unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, localization testing, performance & security testing, etc.)
Testing Practical Knowledge
- Introduction to test analysis
- Introduction to test management and defect management tools (Quality Center, Rational Quality Manager, Zephyr, Rally Dev etc.)
- Writing test cases in HP Quality Center based on requirements
- Running test cases in HP Quality Center
- Raising a bug in HP Quality Center
- Defect lifecycle management
Testing Practical Knowledge Continued
- Writing test plans
- Test estimation techniques
- What is a SDLC?
- Different models in software development
- Differences between Waterfall & Agile methodology
- Introduction to Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Introduction to Agile process (Sprint Planning, Scrum, Task, etc.)
- Agile implementation using the JIRA tool
- Introduction to UNIX/Linux
- Basic command execution in UNIX
- Testing on UNIX world
- Testing client-server architecture
- API testing
- Web services testing (using SoapUI)
- Database testing (using MySQL server)
- Introduction to Selenium Web Driver
- Introduction to Eclipse IDE
- Introduction to Selenium script syntax
- Automating web UI using Selenium Web Driver and basic Java
- Sitting ISTQB Foundation Exam
- CV preparation
- Applying for a job
Note: This class is taught in our teaching facilities in Dublin (address below)
Training will be conducted at below address:
Suite 12, Plaza 212
Blanchardstown Corporate Park 2
Dublin 15, Ireland