ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate
ISTQB Advanced Test Manager – Online Course
Course Fees: €1200 – including exam cost
This course is designed for testers looking to play a more senior role in software testing. The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course builds on your foundation knowledge with advanced skills in managing a test team to deliver a successful software testing project at any level.
In this interactive course, you will learn the practical applications of risk-based testing, creating estimates, and managing your own test program. Learn how to manage stakeholders and form a testing team with the right skills and competencies to ensure effective resourcing. Gain an understanding of frameworks to enable reviews and test process improvement.
- Manage testing projects by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes.
- Organise and lead risk identification and analysis sessions.
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organisational policies.
- Monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
- Identify skills and resource gaps in the test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within the test team.
- Propose a business case for test activities outlining the costs and benefits.
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and stakeholders.
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives.
- Test planning, monitoring and control
- Testing in the software lifecycle
- Analyse test needs
- Risk management
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk mitigation
- Individual skills
- Test team dynamics
- Testing within an organisation
- Business value of testing
- Factors affecting estimates
- Estimation techniques
- Test strategies
- Test plans
- Defining templates
Test Tools and Automation
- Test tools strategies
- Implementing tools
- Use of test tools
- Management reviews
- Use of metrics in reviews
- Managing reviews
- Selecting appropriate review types
Analysis and Design
- Managing analysis and design tasks
- Implementing traceability
Implementing and Execution
- Test execution scheduling
- Experience-based testing
- Non-functional testing
- Defect processes
- Defect data and classification
- Reporting on defects
Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test progress reporting
- Test control
- Test summary reports
- Test closure activities
- Project retrospectives
- Test Improvement Process
- Test process improvement plans
- Example improvement models